This week is full of cool new tech: posters that kiss you, plants with emotions, musical jelly molds, and videos with built-in purchase.
1. Google Glasses: Augmented reality glasses overlay your world with bits of information like navigation, weather and texts. It’s super cool to bring back the Star Trek look but not sure it’ll solve the clumsy texting while walking dilemma.
2. A Poster That Will Kiss You: Japan takes poster interactivity to a whole new level with these kissing posters. When you get close to the poster it puckers up and when step away it bashfully giggles. Can you now be considered a poster slut if you like this a little too much?
3. Mobile Data Growth And What It Means For You Infographic: This infographic rallies people to support making more of the mobile spectrum available to us. It has to happen because if we can’t use our phones for everything we will most certainly die.
4. Buy Clothes Straight From A Music Video: This is the world’s first shoppable music video created in collaboration with online fashion store SSENSE and musicians Iggy Azalea, FKi, and Diplo. The impact on the fashion industry, especially if other artists like Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj get involved, will be interesting to watch.
5. Galileo. Your iOS in Motion: Galileo is a Kickstarter project that gives your iPhone infinite spherical rotation. The possibilities are endless but it is best utilized when working with photos, video, and social networking. It could be cool if the 360 view and swipe-to-iPad function were used to create unique game play.
6. Stefan Sagmeister – The Happy Show: Sagmeister took a year off from graphic design to explore the answers to this question, “Could I train my mind to be happy, the same way one train’s one’s body?” His findings: the three most widely accepted routes to happiness are meditation, cognitive behavioral therapy and psychotropic drugs. Oprah would be proud, because when you know better you do better.
7. IKEA’s Public Nappers: IKEA’s new Facebook campaign, “Get a better night’s sleep”, encourages it’s followers to snap photos of people napping. After uploading a photo, a winner will be chosen to receive a bed, mattress, pillows, quilt and quilt cover. Interesting to think that embarrassing drool and messy hair can now be used to seduce strangers to take photos of you. OSM?
8. Smart Plants: The Japanese strike again with this clever tech to make plants seem more alive. Motorized cords are attached to the plant to create movement, convey emotion and encourage interaction. Curious to see how the plants convey anger for almost killing them.
9. Noisy Jelly: This game requires the player to cook and shape their own musical material with colored jelly. After creation, the player places it on a game board and creates sweet sweet music with their touch. We might not be ready for this jelly but why not give it a jiggle.
**Follow our boards at: pinterest.com/denuology.**