This week we have wide-eyed head scratchers for you: people making-out with robots, the perpetual judgment of Heidi Klum, RGB light-sensitive wallpaper, a flying Taco Bell truck, and bananas in Paris.
1. Kissenger: Meet Kissenger, a “kiss messenger” robot that’s designed to improve long-distance relationships through networking two robots, so that you and your partner can remote kiss. The robot lips are fitted with pressure sensors and highly accurate motors that will reproduce the pressures and motions of real lips to allow you to physically feel the kiss of your faraway lover. So far, Kissinger is just lips, no tongue, with next gen promises of voice. Hrm, maybe we should just stick to Skype.
2. Heidi Rates Your Outfit: Ever wish you had the constant judgment of Heidi Klum? If your answer is yes, you need to get your fabulous self to New York’s new, state-of-the-art linear park The High Line. Here, Project Runway is celebrating their 10th anniversary with an enormous life-size LCD interactive display that judges your outfit as you walk by. Passersby will have to keep it fierce for Heidi Klum, Michael Kors, and Tim Gunn as they break into their runway walk. The judges will respond (via an off-site operator) with disinterest, interest, excitement, or a full-blown standing ovation for the performance.
3. RGB Wallpaper: A wallpaper that changes between 3 different patterns depending on the light present in the room. The effect is achieved by layering three different images, each one in a primary color, that are revealed separately by being viewed under different colored light, red, green, or blue (RGB). This could be magically delicious, but we all know that wallpaper can be too much of a commitment, so, as luck would have it, they’ve also created scarves, prints, and skins for electronics with the same effect. Yay!
4. Flying Taco Bell Truck: When Taco Bell realized how much the residents of Bethel, Alaska wanted Taco Bell in their town they decided grant their wishes with a taco truck full of Loco Tacos. Unfortunately, Taco Bell didn’t account for the fact the fact that Bethel, AK is only accessible by air. Ruh Roh. Not to worry though (tacos always prevail), Taco Bell air lifted the taco truck to the city of Bethel. Phew.
5. Bananas in Paris: French Architecture firm SOA has dreamed up Urbanana, a plan to grow bananas in Paris through a vertical banana plantation. Besides being a visually stunning piece of architecture, this tropical fruit plantation hopes to create an educational conversation around the relationship between tropical food and their metropolitan destinations. Sounds incredible, but Kanye and bananas in Paris?! — ‘like whoa’ for Parisians.
**Follow our boards at: pinterest.com/denuology.**