This week we’re hoping to spread happy warm fuzzies with: superhero finger puppets, giant rubber ducks, and beer submarines.
1. The Best Finger Puppets EVER: Think you’re too old for this type of fancy finger fun? We say, never! Not only should you dress-up your fingers in these awesome superhero/villain costumes, you should also visit this superhero strengths generator for some ‘save the world’ inspiration.
2. Palm Scan Login: You can now add palm veins to the list of scan-able body parts for a secure login. Fujitsu has developed a ‘biometric authentication sensor’ that will allow you to login to a tablet or phone through palm vein detection. Huh. At least we haven’t been asked to spit into anything yet.
3. Glove Mobile Phone: It’s a 3D printed glove that functions as mobile phone and meant to make a commentary on the idea of “technology as a “phantom limb,” in how we augment ourselves through an ambivalent reliance on it, as well as a celebration of the freedom we seek in our devices.” Interesting theory, we’ll have to ask Linda if her week without mobile would had been as successful if her phone was literally a part of her.
4. Tokyo River Illuminated by Fireflies: Panasonic commemorated the Tokyo Hotaru Festival by floating balls of light dubbed “Prayer Stars” down the Tokyo River. The lights are meant to imitate the now scarce fireflies that used to bring the river to life. What a beautiful, charming and thoughtful idea.
5. Holy Giant Rubber Duck, Batman!: This giant rubber duck’s sole purpose is to delight and surprise people from different countries and backgrounds. As it floats along the rivers of the world it gently nods its head at passersby to hopefully get them to crack a smile. It’s too bad Chicago didn’t try and get this on our river for the NATO summit.
6. Kittie Cuddle Coffee: If you love nothing more than kittens and coffee you need to move to Tokyo right this minute. There’s a coffee shop there that encourages you to proudly wave your ‘cat lady’ flag and co-mingle with other such lovers. We can’t wait for this Tokyo kitten cuddlin’ coffee sippin’ trend to get to the States…it sounds so cute.
7. Drink Time Sheets: Filling out a time sheet on a Friday afternoon just before going home to enjoy the weekend is no fun at all (super mega double boo). Unless, of course, you’re rewarded with free beer for your efforts. This might not motivate everyone, but JWT thinks it’s right up their alley and created the Drink Time Sheet to do just that.
8. Guinness Submarine: This custom-built Guinness-branded submarine was created in celebration of their 250th anniversary and is part of a contest to travel to the depths of the Baltic sea. The inside of the submarine reflects Guinness’ brand statement of ‘Alive Inside,’ and boasts a unique deep-sea bar. Cool? ‘Alive Inside’ must be that queasy feeling you get when you combine drinking beer and deep-sea diving. Yikes!
9. Inhalable Alcohol: Harvard professor David Edwards & designer Philippe Starck have teamed up to create inhalable alcohol mists or “puffs.” You probably don’t need know why you should try an alcohol mist, but if you do the idea behind it is to enjoy “the sensation of lightheadedness, without the risk of utter drunkenness.” Let’s just hope you don’t get so lightheaded that you miss your mouth and accidentally spray yourself in the eye. That would be cray.
**Follow our boards at: pinterest.com/denuology.**